It’s a chronic skin disorder marked by red, itchy, scaly patches. It’s considered an autoimmune disease.
It causes cells to build up rapidly on the surface of the skin. The extra skin cells form scales and red patches that are itchy and sometimes painful. They can grow anywhere, but most appear on the scalp, elbows, knees, and lower back.
What are the symptoms of psoriasis? The most common symptoms of psoriasis include:
- red patches of skin
- scaly, sometimes silvery, skin patches
- itchy skin
- joint swelling, stiffness, or pain, which are associated with a condition called psoriatic arthritis
Types of Psoriasis:
- Plaque: It’s characterized by thick red patches of skin, often with a silver or white scaly layer.
- Guttate: The spots are small, separate, and drop-shaped. They often appear on the torso and limbs, but they can also appear on your face and scale.
- Inverse: often appears from sweat and moisture skinfolds, such as under the breasts or in the armpits or groin area.
- Pustular: is a severe form of psoriasis. It develops fast in the form of many white pustules surrounded by red skin.
- Erythrodermic: form of psoriasis is widespread, red, and scaly. It may cover large portions of the body. Exfoliation often occurs in larger pieces than the small scales typical to most psoriasis.
Homeopathic treatment is one of the effective treatment in treating psoriasis ,it not only controls the symptoms of psoriasis but also gives the body the immunity to not develop it again.