Sharbat Banafsha or Gul Banafsha Sharbat is a sweet herbal preparation. The chief ingredient of this medicine is Banafaha or Viola odorata. Sharbat or sherbet means the sweet drink, prepared from decoction, infusion, and water extract of either dry fruits or herbs or seeds etc.
- It cleanses the blood, the liver, kidney, and lungs.
- It reduces the phlegm caused by seasonal allergy.
- It reduces heat inside the body.
- It gives relief in congestion of lungs, cold, cough, difficulty breathing, fever, bronchitis, and another cough-related respiratory ailment.
- It helps in sore throat and swollen glands.